jenny Wang, LPC-Supervisor
- Specialties: Teens & Adolescents, Families, Marriage & Couples, Depression, Anxiety, Grief, OCD, Abuse & Trauma, Life Transitions
- Masters in Biblical Counseling (Dallas Seminary)
- Bachelors in Psychology, Minor in Women's Studies (University of Texas)
- Experience: 12 Years
- Rate: $150 per 50 minute session
Getting to know Jenny
Jenny is one of our most experienced and gifted therapist. Her sweet spot is in helping teens and their parents grow through the struggle of depression and anxiety and to rebuild their connection that can often deteriorate during those difficult times. While parents will often seek out counseling to help with destructive and detrimental behaviors, Jenny is adept at looking at the root cause of the symptoms. Jenny’s compassionate and laid back style instantly connects with teens (yes, even those who initially don’t want to go to counseling), and as a mom of four, she understands (daily) the guilt and fear that parents experience in wanting the best for their kids. She will work alongside you to help your child understand and work through their obstacles and, as is always her goal, fully appreciate the amazing person that they are.
She is also a regular speaker for both youth and parent groups at local churches. In particular, she finds it a joy to help immigrant Chinese parents bridge the generational and cultural gap that they and their Asian-American children can find themselves in.
Outside of the counseling office, Jenny has her hands full with her five favorite people in all the world: her four kids and husband of 17 years. They enjoy biking and hiking around Lake Lewisville, serving at Chase Oaks Church, and cheering each other on in all their various activities.
style & Approach
Jenny’s approach to counseling is to:
1) help you understand your core, foundational thoughts about yourself and how you relate to the world around you. That is, the beliefs, assumptions, perceptions, opinions, and/or interpretations about a) your value (am I worthy of love?) and b) your “belongingness” (where am I truly known and accepted?). It is these foundational and subconscious thoughts, when distorted by self or others, that can lead to being and feeling stuck in an unhealthy behavior or difficult emotion.
2) Help you reframe those distorted thoughts into a healthier, empowered and compassionate inner voice. A neuropsychology nerd, she also enjoys incorporating brain science and practical techniques to help facilitate understanding and connection.
A key component to the link between 1 and 2 is to journey back to the origin and progression of those subconscious thoughts and beliefs with a trusted guide. From your first meeting with Jenny, you will sense her genuine care for you as she helps navigate you, back to the onset of broken beliefs and continuing forward toward your personal counseling goals. And through this process, she will help you realize your courage and strength.
Jenny has extensive experience counseling in the following areas: family therapy, teen therapy, marriage and couples counseling, premarital counseling, sexual assault trauma, crisis intervention, human trafficking trauma, domestic violence trauma, grief counseling, dissociative disorders, OCD, adoption and foster care work, healing for children and spouses of NPDs and BPDs.
samples of jenny's Work
What people have to say
"Jenny made me immediately feel comfortable. She has helped me talk about past experiences that I could never talk about before and work through them in a healthy way. I look forward to therapy every week." - CM.
"My experience with Jenny Wang, has been very positive. I have never felt uncomfortable in our sessions and I have always been able to open up about traumatic events. It’s always nice to be welcomed with a friendly smile and an upbeat attitude. I would definitely recommend in investing personal time into this experience." - NS
"I used to not want to go to counseling, I didn’t have a good experience in the past. But now I tell everyone that they should try counseling, I love coming here. You help me get out of my head and work through my anxiety." - OM, 14
“Jenny is very passionate about helping her clients during some of the most difficult times of their life. She is caring and fully vested in making sure that you do the best you can do to get through them and come out on top. She is non judgmental and understands that sometimes we have a hard time understanding what is really going on and helps to determine what that is and how you can best handle it. As far as I am concerned, if not the best, she is one of the best around.” - L.S.